How Can One Treat Side Effects Of Propecia?
Propecia is a drug that is used by men to cure hair loss. It stops the testosterone present in their body from converting into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Now the hair fall in men happens majorly because of the hormonal changes they go through or the stress that affects the hormones. The pattern in which they start losing their hair is called Male Pattern Hair Loss, in which the hair starts thinning, and one can even go to the extent of experiencing baldness.
One very important thing to always remember about Propecia is that it cannot be used by women or children. It is almost deadly for a pregnant or a lactating woman. One should not even touch the capsules in case they are broken or crushed since some little contact can also cause harm to kids and women.
There are numerous side effects of Propecia ranging from Miscarriage to Prostate Cancer. We list down some of the major ones:
- Chills in the body
- Cold Sweats
- Confusion during a task
- Feeling dizzy or drowsy or lightheaded while doing something or when trying to get up from sleeping position
- Feeling like fainting
- Swelling or Bloating in face, lips, arms, legs or hands.
- Breast tenderness or enlargement in terms of lumps
- Hives and welts
- Itchiness and redness in skin or rashes in skin
- Gaining a lot of weight rapidly
- Scaling of Nipples, Dimpling in Breast skin, discharge from Nipple.
- Testicular pain
- Loss and disinterest in sexual intercourse or performance.
- Inability to have an erection
Now there are certain symptoms or side effects that don’t need medical action at that moment itself but might lead to certain hazardous situations. In those cases, a doctor’s help is the most recommended help for the best of the situation.
Now there are certain ways in which a drug’s side effects can be decreased or cured. At times it is really important for one to continue a medicine or to continue the course. So in order to overcome the side effects of Propecia, doctors and researchers came up with some of the remedies that can help in either eradicating or reducing the side effects of it. The natural remedies are:
- Decreasing Estrogen levels: The first and the foremost problem that arises is the increased level of estrogen in a person’s body. Now the percentage can go as high as 15% too. So, it is very important to decrease the estrogen in order to maintain the functioning of the whole body.
- Aromatase Inhibitors: Aromatase is an enzyme that produces estrogen. Now if one can inhibit this enzyme, the production of estrogen will go down eventually. There are some sources of the inhibitors of this enzyme:
- Cruciferous Vegetables: These vegetables can block the production of the enzyme and thus estrogen. Vegetables in this category are Broccoli, Bok Choy, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Brussel Sprouts and Garden Cress.
- Zinc: Zinc is an Aphrodisiac, and when used properly it can work as an aromatase inhibitor. In case you lack in testosterone, it will boost up that too.
- Grape Seed Extract: These are made from the Grape seeds and provides numerous health benefits among which prohibition of Aromatase is also one.
This is all that you need to know about Propecia and the prevention of its side effects. Now before starting up on the course, it is advised that one takes the advice if a doctor.